Sunday, November 23, 2008

Final Reflection

I have really enjoyed being an intern at the Arizona Museum for Youth. I had the opportunity to work with the people behind the scenes that patrons don't usually get to see. One particular experience was to take part in the setting-up of an exhibit. Everyone helps in different aspects, and I was able to work on the artwork's labels, see how they were done, and then to create the children's activites.

I feel that I have really grown with this opportunity! When I started, I had NO CLUE how to create a manual for anything and I was very worried and not looking forward to reading EVERYTHING about the museum and then what would I do from there? But after MANY, MANY hours of reading and meeting with multiple people, and then designing the layout, I produced a very successful manual for a "one stop shopping" for the Educators.

I also feel that I have grown in the design aspect because of the FamilyZone design project. I was also nervous with this because I had never done something like that, but I was able to work with the other intern and I loved working together and feeding off each other's creativity. It was a learning experience because we originally came up with idea one and then different problems came up that we had to change the ideas and to figure other ways to accomplish what we wanted. I am very excited to see this project get underway and then see it completed.

I have been VERY luck to have this wonderful, learning and growing experience. I have worked with many creative and very impressive people that have ideas come out of no where. I immensly enjoyed the time I had at Arizona Museum for Youth and it will always have a special place in my heart! When I finally have kids and they are older, I look forward to taking them to AMY and let them interact in a world that I was raised in and love.

1 comment:

BIS401 Dr. Hirshorn said...

It sounds like you had an awesome applied study experience at the Arizona Museum for Youth. Good luck with all of your future endeavors.